EB-5 Visa Immigrant Investor Program
Getting a visa under the EB-5 program, the investor’s family (spouse and children under the age of 21at the moment of application) are eligible for the same benefits as permanent residents:
- Living and working in any part of the U.S.;
- No need to have work permit;
- The possibility to develop and manage Your own business;
- Sponsor green-cards for your relatives;
- Traveling outside the U.S. and turning back without a visa.
- Privilege for education for residents, entering the universities (cheaper than for foreigners);
- Obtaining U.S. citizenship after five years living as a permanent resident;
Three main stages for each applicant under U.S. Immigrant Investors Program.
- Firstly, the investor must apply a Form I-526: “Immigrant Petition by Foreign Entrepreneur”.
- Secondly, after approval of the Investor’s Petition I-526, he or she must pass an interview at the Consulate for consideration biography and medical history, or if they are already in the U.S., appropriate changes will be modified to their immigration status.
- And finally, after two years (2) from the date of granting a conditional green card and entry the United States, he or she must apply I-829 Form , Entrepreneur’s Petition to Cancel Conditions, to show that their investment fully satisfy all the requirements of the U.S. in order to obtain a permanent green card.
The process from the moment of filing the I-526 Petition till passing the interview at the U.S. Consulate and obtaining a conditional green card takes about 8 months or less. The applicant gets all investments back after 4 years + 2.75%
- 1. Birth certificate for all family members;
- 2.Marriage certificate;
- 3. Passports;
- 4. Police certificates (Russia);
- 5. Business registration;
- 6. Tax returns (personal and Corporation);
- 7. The donation;
- 8. Real estate (documents for property in Russia and America);
- 9. Dividends;
- 10. Job reference;
- 11. Bank letters (America and Russia)
EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program was established in 1990 and had attracted rather small number of immigrants. The regional centre has flexible requirements for employment creation, it also creates “passive” investment opportunities (through limited partnerships) for a significant growth of potential immigrant investors. Regional centers received 5,000 of the total number of 10,000 EB-5 visas granted under U.S. Immigrant Investor Program.